Monday 23 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favourite Heroines from Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week book bloggers make a list about ten books around a chosen topic.

This was a HARD list to make. I feel that I could have made a dozen lists on this week's topic!




1) Allyson from Just One Day by Gayle Forman

I have nothing for admiration for Allyson. It takes guts to fight depression, navigate the start of college, defy the future your parents set out for you and find yourself along the way.

2) Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

Such a smart, intelligent woman who refuses to confine herself to her society's social rules unless she's happy with them. I wish I had that much sass!

3) Hermione from The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling

This list would be incomplete without Hermione. She taught me to own being a nerd and unabashedly share my love of books.





4) Francesca from Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

Going to a formerly all guys' school, her mother breaking down and regular family/friend relationships makes Francesca one hell of a heroine in my eyes.

5) June from The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

A completely badass soldier girl who turns her back on everything she was taught to believe in.

6) Kami from The Lyburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan

What I love about Kami is that even when the chips are down, she's still wisecracking and keeping it positive. Also, her devotion to letting people know what's out there as a budding journalist is awesome.







7) Tessa from The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

Without spoiling anything specific, Tessa goes through an awful lot due to her special ability. If I were in her place I wouldn't be half as brave.

8) Tris from The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

I read the first book 10 times (I kid you not) in my first year of high school exams every time I felt like giving up. Tris and her courage kept me going; I'm eternally grateful for that.

9) Viola from The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness

She moves from another planet, crash lands before anyone else on her ship and has to endure everything Ness throws at her for three books. Which is A LOT. I was more scared for Viola's safety reading Monsters of Men than I was for Harry's safety reading The Deathly Hallows...

My number ten heroine was going to be Arya from A Song of Ice and Fire, but George R.R. Martin doesn't write 100% heroine characters, so I didn't know if Arya could make the list.

Who are your favourite book heroines?

16 comments:

  1. Oh I agree! It was such a HARD prompt to keep to 10! I literally had sooo many and had to pick between my favourites. Gah! HARDNESS. x) I love Tris. I've only read Divergent twice. ;-) You are an insanely awesome fan!
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I haven't reread Divergent since that year even though I still love it. I guess there's a limit to how many times I can reread a book... ;) I can't believe I forgot to include Cath - I adore her too!

      Delete
  2. I just recently read Saving Francesca and LOVED IT and LOVED HER! Such a great pick!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it was one of the top three books (if not THE TOP) I read last year!! Have you read The Piper's Son? Would be interested to know what you think. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. HERMIONE IS FANTASTIC YOU HAVE AN AWESOME LIST TOO.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You too Cora. Thanks for reminding me I really need to read I Capture the Castle and The Parasol Protectorate!

      Delete
  5. Great picks! I haven't read most of these books, but I can definitely agree with Hermione and Tris. A couple of characters on my top ten are Cinder, and Katniss.
    - Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Emma I'm still trying to work out Blogger: yours is the second comment below. :)

      Delete
  6. Such a great list! I have some of these books on my shelves waiting to be read that I really need to get to very soon! I also had Hermione and Tris on my list. Two great series!

    Tiffany @ Beneath the Jacket Reviews
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Tiffany I'm still trying to work out Blogger: yours is the first comment below. :)

      Delete
  7. Likewise. :) I think I need to pick up Snow Like Ashes soon, there's been so much good buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You too! Can't believe I didn't add them Alina and Kamala!!!! I might need to do another few lists on this topic to fit everyone on...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hermione, Tris and Tessa are on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your list is great; can't believe I didn't have Annabeth on mine!!

      Delete