Tuesday 3 February 2015

Top Ten Adult High Fantasy Books I can't believe I haven't read yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week book bloggers make a list about ten books around a chosen topic.

This week: Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read from X Genre

As someone who adores High Fantasy I haven't read much of it in the last couple of years... In no particular order here's ten Adult High Fantasy books I've been meaning to read:




1) A Natural History by Marie Brennan

A fiction memoir about a Lady studying dragons? Sign me up!

2) Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal

The pitch of Pride and Prejudice meets Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell sold me right away.

3) Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter Witch by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

I can't resist those two authors! The blurb promises humour galore.



The Gentleman Bastards series has huge buzz around it. I'm eager to find out what it's all about.


After seeing the start of the sequel trilogy Fool's Errand in my local book store I was reminded I still need to read Assassin's Apprentice.


I regularly read and enjoy Hurley's posts on A Dribble Of Ink and on her own blog, but haven't gotten around to picking up to one of her books yet.




It seems like everyone's read the first two books of The Kingkiller Chronicle and are impatiently anticipating Doors of Stone while I'm trying to get over my fear of big books! (More on this soon.)


Listening to Ana and Renay profess their love of Elliott on Fangirl Happy Hour led to me putting this on my TBR. I know my local library has a copy.


Seems like I can't resist books about assassins...


Okay, yes I am aware this is cheating. I just don't know what book of his to read after The Rithmatist.
They all sound so good!

Any High Fantasy books you've been meaning to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment