Monday 9 February 2015

#AYEARATHON: Diversity Wrap Up + 2015 Dive Into Diversity TBR

I'm happy that I achieved my goals for this readathon of finishing reading  the second half of To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han (about 200 pages) and listening to the audiobook of Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah (about 7 hours). These two books count towards the 2015 Dive Into Diversity Reading Challenge, which I've now read 4/12 books for!

Here's a few more diverse books on my radar I hope to be reading shortly:



1) Adaption by Malinda Lo

Lo compares the book's plot to an episode of The X Files and there's a bisexual love triangle. Usually I can't stand love triangles (unless they're really well executed), but I'm happy to take a shot at this one!

2) Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley

I've heard a lot of buzz around this book. I think I'll find it difficult to read with the sadly historically accurate racism. The romance sounds intriguing though.

3) Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

One of my goals this year reading wise is to finish reading a few series. The ending to Unravel Me was quite open - I have no idea of what to expect next!




4) The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu

"Silk-draped airships, soaring battle kites, conspiring goddesses, underwater boats, magicial books". How could I not want to read this??

5) Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone

This has been sitting on my Kindle for far too long....

6) An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I've heard a lot of buzz about this book as well. Scholars and Deception are the equivalent of book catnip to me, as is the description of, "a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world".



7) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

Shamefully this was recommended to me about six months to go and I still haven't read it... Patroclus' story will most likely bring me to tears.

8) The Broken Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin

I need to know more about Yeine and Nahadoth and Sieh and the world surrounding Sky ASAP.

9) P.S. I Love You by Jenny Han

Only round about three months before I can get my hands on more about Lara Jean, Margot, Peter, Josh and Kitty!


What diverse books are on your TBR?


No comments:

Post a Comment