Thursday 9 April 2015

Trees of Reverie April 2015 Readathon TBR

I'm finally back! All my scheduled posts ran out while I've been hectic at Uni, but I'll get a big stash stored up again.


I was really excited when I realised that the (at the time) upcoming Trees of Reverie Readathon was to be during my break this semester. This massive event is organised about 4-5 times a year for varying amounts of time by Sarah of her blog of the same name. This one runs until Sunday so it's not to late to join in!


From the back row to the front row left to right:

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen: I just finished this one today for my English paper. It wasn't for me. I liked the beginning events in Bath, but wished the story took a darker turn than it at times hinted.

Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix: I'm embarrassed to admit I've had this one sitting on my Kindle for a couple of years now! It was a lovely light fantasy set in Regency England following a young lady who dresses as a man in order to look for her stolen Emerald. 

The Annotated Alice by Lewis Carroll; edited by Martin Gardner: Another book I read for my English paper. It was nice to revisit Alice's stories' for the first time since childhood.

Chew Volume Six by John Layman and Rob Guillory: This series gets better and better with every volume! It's quirky and crazy and despite the strange premise it just works.

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord: I saw this book sitting on the shelf at my local library and grabbed it due to internet hype. I'm about 100 pages in and have to stop myself devouring it in one go. I love Reagan's and Dee's friendship and Reagan's growing relationship with Matt.

The Wicked + The Divine Volume One by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvin: The premise of twelve gods being reborn every ninety years in teenagers who become powerful and then die within two years both scares and fascinates me. The art is gorgeous and I'm loving all the diverse characters. I've only read the first two issues so far - looking forward to read more soon!

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment