Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week book bloggers make a list about ten books around a chosen topic.
Today I'm going to let these words do all the talking.
1. "Here's what I think," I say and my voice is stronger and thoughts are coming, thoughts that trickle into my noise like whispers of truth. "I think maybe everybody falls," I say. "I think maybe we all do. And I don't think that's the asking." I pull on her arms gently to make sure she's listening. "I think the asking is whether we get back up again."
Spoken by Todd Hewitt in The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.
2. "For those who don't believe in themselves, hard work is worthless."
Spoken by Maito Gai in The Naruto Series by Masashi Kishimoto
3. "People are screwed up in this world. I'd rather be with somebody screwed up and open about it than somebody perfect and ready to explode."
Spoken by Craig in It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
4. "I think everything is happening all the time, but if you don't put yourself in the path of it, you miss it."
From Just One Day by Gayle Forman
5. "Sometimes, when I have to do something I don't want to do, I pretend I'm a character from a book. It's easier to know what they would do."
From Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
6. "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."
From Divergent by Veronica Roth
7. "You're in the right place at the right time and you care enough to do what needs to be done. Sometimes that's enough."
From The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
8. "You're gonna miss each and every shot you can't be bothered to take. That's not living life - that's just being a tourist. Take every shot, Kate. If it's worth caring about, no matter how impossible you think it is - you take the shot."
Spoken by Clint Barton in Hawkeye Volume One: My Life As A Weapon by Matt Fraction, David Aja and Javier Pulido
9. "If I want more, I need to go and get it, demand it, take hold of it with all my might and do the best I can with it."
From On The Jellicoe Road by Melinda Marchetta
10. "Sometimes it's easy to lose faith in people. And sometimes one act of kindness is all it takes to give you hope again."
From Does My Head Look Big In This? By Randa Abdel-Fattah